Making art from nature is a great way to get outside, think creatively and have fun! This butterfly craft is the perfect spring project for your little explorers and artists.
First use your "explore/ get outside" token to go on a nature hunt and look for materials that you would like to use to make your craft. Your child can use any natural material they see such as leaves, twigs, flowers, stones, feathers, etc.
Then use your "create" token to make your butterfly craft!
- Glue (hot glue or craft glue)
- Pieces of Nature (we used twigs and leaves)
- Arrange objects from nature on cardstock to get an idea of how you'd like your design to look.
- Paint dots, lines, shapes, designs etc. onto your leaves. Fine brushes work best with small details.
- Let paint dry.
- Carefully glue the pieces onto cardstock to make a butterfly. We glued the body first, the antennae next, and the wings last.
- Let your creation dry and enjoy your art!