Are you getting ready to decorate pumpkins with your little ones? Decoupage is a great no-carve option and the ideas you can apply using this technique are endless!
What is decoupage? To decoupage is to glue objects onto another object. Traditionally it is done with paper but you can get creative and use materials such as leaves, flowers, fabric, photographs, book pages, wrapping paper, confetti, napkins, or tissue paper!
For our examples, we chose to use real leaves, newsprint, and tissue paper to show you how different materials look. If using real leaves, we recommend pressing them for a short while to flatten them (we pressed overnight) but make sure to use them before they dry.
Use your "create" token to make this October craft!
- Pumpkin (we chose white mini)
- Mod Podge
- Brush (we like foam for this)
- Objects to decoupage
- Damp cloth to wipe excess glue
- Something to cover your workspace
- Choose your material to decoupage with
- Plan your design or just go for it!
- Apply a coat of Mod Podge to your pumpkin (wherever your design will be)
- Place your object on the pumpkin and press down
- Apply a layer of Mod Podge on top of your objects
- Apply a final coat of Mod Podge if desired
- Wipe away any excess glue
- Let dry