PRESSED FLOWER BOOKMARK
Any dad would be delighted with this thoughtful bookmark made by your little one. Use your "get outside" and "create" token to gather the flowers and make the bookmark, as well as your "show love" token when you give it to someone special.
- Contact Paper
- Hole Punch
- Pressed flowers or leaves
- Take a walk outside and have your little one gather flowers and leaves that strike their fancy. Tip: try to choose flowers that will flatten easily. Flowers with thicker parts will create bubbles around them.
- Press flowers and/or leaves in a flower press OR place in between a piece of paper or cardboard and press underneath a heavy book or two. Make sure flowers are spaced out if pressing multiple.
- Leave flowers in the press for a week or more and make sure flowers are completely dry when you take them out. Tweezers are helpful in making sure that flowers do not fall apart when picking them up.
- Cut cardstock into the desired bookmark shape and size.
- OPTIONAL: Write a sweet note or quote on one side of the bookmark.
- Cut two pieces of contact paper, one for the top of the bookmark and one for the bottom. Both pieces should be the same size and must be larger than the cardstock.
- Place the cardstock in the middle of one piece of contact paper.
- Have your child arrange the pressed flowers on top of the cardstock.
- Very carefully, place the second piece of contact paper on top of the bookmark. Start at the bottom and smooth the paper slowly until you reach the top, getting rid of any air bubbles.
- Trim the contact paper around the cardstock, but make sure to leave a border all the way around. If you don't leave enough room the contact paper may peel apart.
- Use a hole punch to make a hole at the top of the bookmark.
- Cut a piece of ribbon and tie it on for a finishing touch!